Best Time to Visit
Between April - October
Between 03 Nights - 05 Nights
- Climb Baku's Maiden Tower
- Enjoy the Opera in Baku
- See mud volcanoes at Gobustan
In 2017, Azerbaijan launched an e-Visa program for citizens of 93 countries & India is one of them. The Azerbaijan e-Visa, also known as the ASAN visa, can be obtained by completing the online application with personal information, travel details, passport data and some security questions before requiring payment of USD 20 via credit or debit card. The approved e-Visa for Azerbaijan is then sent to the applicant’s e-mail address within 24hrs, and in some cases up to three (3) business days. The Azerbaijan visa for Indians allows you to stay in the country for maximum 30 days, and you can only enter once.
Azerbaijan, 'Land of Fires', is famed for its Ateshgah (eternal fires), healing mineral springs and oil spas and carpets. Once the center of some of the oldest civilizations in existence, Azerbaijan is still one of the youngest nations in the world. Many historic, cultural, and natural attractions await visitors in this former Soviet nation. Located in the Caucasus-Caspian region, its strategic location gives it a unique mixture of sights and sounds influenced by neighboring Iran, Russia, Armenia, and Turkey.
The capital, Baku, is a bustling cultural, economic and political hub. It lies on the coast of the Caspian Sea and is home to some of Azerbaijan’s cultural icons, such as Giz Qalasi (Maiden’s Tower) and the Palace of the Shirvan Shahs, both of which are within a walled fortress and the UNESCO World Heritage site of Icheri Sheher (Old Town). The visitors can see some wonderfully preserved relics from its past, as well as visit the fire-worshippers temple complex, Ateshgah, and the natural gas-fuelled Yanardag (Fire Mountain), one of many impressive eternal fires on the Absheron Peninsula.
- Take a Baku city tour to see the Old City, Maiden Tower, Taza Bazaar, and Shirvanshahs’ Palace
- Drive to the Sheki Region to explore the mountains near Georgia and to see the lovely Sheki, which is well known for the Silk Road, great cuisine and friendly locals
- Climb the Beshbarmaq Dag or Five Finger Mountain, one of Azerbaijan’s holiest animist areas
- Shop for copper products in the town of Lahic in the Persian mountain range. It’s also an excellent hiking destination.
- Watch Yanar Dag (Fire Mountain) for the billowing flames
- Visit Surakhany’s Ateshgah Fire Temple to learn about Zoroastrianism and to witness ritual dances
- Explore the Teze Bazaar’s local flavors and unique finds
- See the Mud Volcanoes of Qobustan and head to the site of the petroglyphs from the Bronze and Stone ages
Choose your interest