Amidst the vast Indian Ocean, Mauritius proudly resides with its own captivating charm which appeals tourists from every corner of the world each year. Boundless beauty of the striking beaches, crystal blue water and lush green floras, Mauritius is the home to marvelous sights, pleasant weather and package full of adventure activities.
The father of American literature, Mark Twain described the beauty of the Mauritius in the rarest form and said that 'Mauritius was made first and then heaven, heaven being copied after Mauritius'. This explains the magnificence of the serene setting of the flamboyant gateway route which takes you away from the hustle bustle of the chaotic mundane lives. Mauritius white sand beaches, cerulean clean water, luxury resorts and dense mountainous forests invite you to restore the soul away from the city lights.
The different culture and cuisines of Mauritius creates a mesmerizing orchestra which hypnotizes every traveller. Mauritius is much more than its beaches. It offers myriad activities for the adventure junkies from world class diving, snorkeling to hiking in the forested and mountainous areas. From a solo traveller to family vacations, from honeymoon travels to adventure trails – Mauritius leaves behind every spectator astounded and fascinated.
BEST TIME TO VISIT: Throughout the year.
What are the best activities to indulge in Mauritius?
Mauritius offers myriad of activities which can be enjoyed by each age group be it a toddler or an adventure junkie.
Places you should never miss out in Mauritius?
- Safari Wildlife Adventures
- Horse riding
- Canyoning and zip lining
- Parasailing and Kayakying
Numerous enchanting places can be discovered in Mauritius such as:
What are some romantic spots for couples to enjoy the company?
- Visit Grand Bassin which is the most sacred place for Indians where a Lord Shiva temple is located.
- Take a stroll at Champ De Mars race course which is the oldest race course in southern hemisphere.
- Closely witness the wildlife and nature at Black River Gorges National Park.
- Enjoy the view of Moka Mountain from Maison Eureka which is preserved colonial wooden masion.
Home to the romantic sites, Mauritius is the fantastic destination for couples.
What are some tradition souvenirs to buy in Mauritius?
- Spend a day at bubble lodge in the midst of tree plantation at Domaine De Bois Cheri.
- Experience the sunset at Catarman Cruise
- Enjoy candle light dinner at luxurious resorts.
- Enjoy the adventure rides together on the beach.
Shopping is a treat in Mauritius. It offers the most appealing keepsakes and the best relics you could buy are –
- Pink Pigeon Rum
- Chamarel Rum
- The dodo bird
- Traditonal music instrument – Ravanne
- Colored Earth
- Phoenix beer